- With your right hand, dribble the ball so that it lands roughly a fifteen inches in front of your left foot.
- Lean forward as if to make a move towards the basket, but take the ball with your left hand and step back quickly. If performed smoothly, you’ll create a few feet of space between you and your defender.
- Dribble the ball between your legs to your right hand.
- Start to spin clockwise and, as you do, lower your backside to the ground, letting yourself down with your left arm.
- By the time you are turned completely from your defender, you should have your butt and the lower part of your back touching the floor.
- Using your momentum, roll over on the floor (with the ball still in your right) and onto your feet, helping yourself back up with your left arm if required.
Move Type: Game
Tip: Positioning of the ball is key. It must be placed close enough to the defender that they attempt to take it, but not so close that they can reach it before you do.
Notes: The original version of this move was invented by Rory "Disaster" Grace, who finished the trick by knocking the ball between the defender's legs with his fist. This is what gave rise to the name "The Punch".Read More
- Crouch down very low to the ground and dribble the ball rapidly behind your back.
- Having done for this for a few seconds, cup the ball between your hand and wrist and flick it (from behind) over both you and the defender.
- Pretend to continue dribbling until the defender straightens up, then run around them and retrieve the ball.