Rafer Alston AKA Skip To My Lou
Name: Rafer Alston aka Skip To My Lou
Hometown: South Jamaica Queens, NY
Favorite Court: Rucker Park and Madison Square Garden
Birthday: July 26, 1976
1. All Street Ball Franchise (5) Players: The Goat, myself, Joe Hannon, Pee Wee Kirkland, and The Escalade
2. Many say that the true street ballers only come from NYC. How does being from NYC influence the way you play: I am able to withstand the trash talk and know every time I step on the court I will be in a game.
3. What are your views on the current state of street ball? There is a misconception now days but its alright. I am enjoying it with AND 1 and what they are doing for the game. People just need to know that it is all entertainment.
4. Do you have any superstitions or pre-game rituals? I’m pretty loose, I try and find reasons to smile and have a good time out there.
5. What do you want to be remembered for? As a good person first, a class act kind of guy. As far as basketball, just someone that made people want to come back and see me play again.