Lonnie Harrell AKA Prime Objective
Name: Lonnie Harrell aka Prime Objective
Hometown: Washington, D.C.
Position: Everything except center and power forward
Favorite court: Everywhere, Berry Pham’s South beach D.C. The Goodman League
B-day: Nov 11-197?
1. All street ball Franchise (5) players: Curt smith -DC Greg Smith-DC Prime Objective-DC Alimoe- Harlem, New York Mohammed- North west DC
2. What are your views on the current state of street ball? Sh** the ground has been broken already. One of the guys just said, I think it was headache, Top 10 NBA player’s in the league all-stars, street ball players are the one’s who get the most recognition right now. So street ball has sky rocketed, it’s getting outta control. The kids, when you go on the court, you know they like the Kobe Braynt’s and Tracey Mcgrady’s and stuff but it’s like, it’s all street ball, It’s things that they seen on the AND 1 Mix Tape. Street ball is outta control.
3. Many say that the true street ballers only come from New York City. How does being from D.C. influence the way you play? Answer: I can say I’ve played in New York a lot of years. I have a lot respect for New York Street ballers cause they all that, even some that are in the NBA that came up through street ball. But D.C. we have a lot too. New York is the Mecca of street ball so we don’t get a lot of representation. I was just fortunate enough to find friends to be able to go to New York and get my opportunity. But being from D.C. I think it gives me something different because it like instead of just, you know having show time being a little street, I can score and that’s like one of my benefits in the streets.
4. Do you have any pre-game superstitions? I don’t have any. I do somethin’ different every time, intentionally. I don’t like rituals. Because if your ritual don’t go your way your focus won’t be the same you know. If you like to eat skittles before the game and you didn’t get your skittles, what, it’s not going to make you play good. So I do somethin’ different every time.
5. What do you want to be remembered for? I want to be remembered for being fair to everyone. Treating everyone equal.