- Who would have known that a team having a miserable season (Boston Celtics) could possibly sneak into the playoffs thanks to the signing of Chucky Atkins?
– Speaking of Boston, raise your hand if you had Mark Blount picked out for the NBA’s most improved player? Thought so. Blount reminds me allot of Brad Miller, both took a couple years before they came into their own but always played hard defense and hit the glass and now thanks to adding a nice mid-range game Blount, in the size deprived East, is a real force.
- Anyone else get that feeling that in some point and time in the Lakers playoff run Brian Cook, Luke Walton, or Kareem Rush are gonna make some major contribution.
– Stan Van Gundy is a great coach. That’s all.
– Speaking of good coaches Pacer’s Rick Carlisle has had a third straight 50-win season (2 in Detroit now Indiana) and is leading his fo rmer team (Detroit) in the standings.
– Tracy McGrady scored 62 points the other week. Wow. The Magic actually won that game. Wow! I picked Orlando to go to the playoffs. WOW!
– To anyone that says South Americans can’t jump (not sure who says that but anyway) take a peek at Manu Ginobilli going strong; he can finish, as Carlos Boozer found out recently.
– How is it year after year Dallas losses in the playoffs because of their soft defense, and every off-season that make a ton of trades to improve their offence?
– Memphis is the best team in the NBA since the All-Star break. But how far does this team have to go? I mean their season is already a huge success; does not winning in the playoffs make it a downfall? Has their surprise run raised the hopes of Grizzlies fans worldwide? One thing is for sure Hubie Brown will have that team ready to make a serious title run.
– I like what Phoenix has got going, Stoudamire, Johnson, and Marion are a terrific trio, if they can add a solid point guard, I know your thinking they just traded Marbury, but they need a pass first type set-up the offence guard. And a decent big man, the Suns are right back in it next year.
– Can dribble will travel, Brevin Knight, in the past season and a half has been with 4 organizations, Memphis, Washington, Phoenix, and Milwaukee.
– Bob Sura is averaging almost a triple-double over the past week. Stephen Jackson had a string of 30+ points a game end recently. Atlanta is actually fun to watch, sure they stink, but they got sort of a motley crew of players who play hard and bring it every night.
Since it’s that time of a year I throw in some bonus NCAA musings.
– Not sure if this is good or bad but watching a couple of guys brings to mind some comparisons. Jameer Nelson and Khalid El-Amin. J.J. Redick and Casey Jacobson.
– If he declares for the draft, how can Hakim Warrick not go #1. He puts on a couple pounds and works on his jumper he’s got Garnett like potential.
– UCONN’s men’s and women’s teams are both in their respective final four, that’s good recruiting and coaching.
– The guy who I think has helped himself the most in the tournament in the eyes of NBA scouts, has got to be Oklahoma State’s Tony Allen, he’s got a lot of Michael Finley in him.
Just for the record… GO TECH!