Robinson declares for NBA Draft
Seattle, WA (Sports Network) – University of Washington guard Nate Robinson
made it official on Monday, deciding to forgo his final year of eligibility
and enter the NBA Draft.
Robinson, who attended the pre-draft camp in Chicago last year before deciding
to return to UW, has been projected as a second round pick by some NBA
observers. Last week he watched teammate Will Conray at a camp in Virginia and
said he could attend the Chicago camp again this year.
A third-team All-American in 2005, Robinson also received first-team All-
Pacific-10 Conference honors each of the last two seasons. He ranked sixth in
scoring among Pac-10 players with a 16.4-point average and his 4.5 assists per
game ranked fourth this season.
His decision to go pro should come as no surprise. He hinted strongly that he
would do after the Huskies lost to Louisville in the Albuquerque Regional
semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
“Since we played the Sweet 16 I gave deep thought, deep down in my heart, to
make the right decision and that is to skip my senior year and enter the NBA
Draft,” Robinson said at his press conference on Monday. “It has been a dream
for me since I was a young boy, playing basketball and imitating guys like
Michael Jordan and Larry Bird. I finally get to fulfill my dreams and play in
Robinson concludes his career listed 18th among Washington career scorers with
1,283 points. He ranks third among all-time Huskies with 140 career steals,
fourth with 127 career 3-pointers and sixth in career assists with 295.
Robinson distributed 159 assists in 2005, the third-highest single-season
total ever for a UW player.