For The Love Of Basketball 68th edition
Just how powerful is NBA Commissioner David Stern?
I mean honestly; is there anyone who presides over a governing body with as much authority than he does? There are rulers of countries who have less control.
He tells players how old they must be before they can enter the league.
He’s instructed the officials to call technical fouls at an alarming rate.
And he alone determined how much Larry Brown would receive ($18.5 million) from the New York Knicks.
The guy is a modern day dictator, and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.
* Isiah Thomas almost get in a fight with Bruce Bowen and Gregg Popovich .
* LeBron introduce his family jewels to Tim Duncan’s mouth.
* The Miami Heat got smashed by FORTY-TWO points at home to a team (Bulls) that has A LOT of trouble scoring on a regular basis
* Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum.
* The Phoenix Suns lose 5 of their first 7 games.
–Oh happy day!!!
* Doc Rivers, Head Coach of the Boston Celtics.
–Unfortunately for Doc, it’s only a matter of time. It’s a wonder that he’s lasted this long. Maybe people have been so blinded by the unmitigated disaster in New York, that Celtics aren’t on anyone’s radar. But the mess in Boston can no longer be ignored. They’re a terrible team and with the talent they have, that shouldn’t be the case. And if that’s the case, then the problem has to be coaching… and it is.
MOST INTERESTING OBSERVATION
* There are no dominant teams in the league.
–Parity lives in the NBA. There’s no team that strikes fear into anyone. So with that said, don’t be surprised by who beats who this season.
MOST RIVETING QUESTION
* Can adidas make it any MORE obvious that they now make the NBA’s official jerseys?
–I’m surprised that those three stripes aren’t included on the logo.
BEST OF THE BEST THUS FAR
* Michael Redd
* Yao Ming
–Best show on TV… four seasons running.
–The Mohawk is played!