Oly’s Playoff Bracket with First Round Preview
First Round: Eastern Conference
(1) Boston Celtics vs. (8) Atlanta Hawks: Boston in five.
The Hawks have talent, but their organization is too unstable for the mighty Celtics. After The ATL is ousted, coach Mike Woodson and GM Billy Knight will be seeking employment elsewhere.
(2) Detroit Pistons vs. (7) Philadelphia 76ers: Detroit in six.
The Piston are forever slept-on and overlooked. They’ll handle an athletic but inexperienced Sixer side.
(3) Orlando Magic vs. (6) Toronto Raptors: Orlando in six.
Toronto’s lack of grit will get exposed against Dwight Howard. Look for the Magic to have their way with a floundering T-dot squad.
(4) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (5) Washington Wizards: Washington in seven.
What will Lebron James and DeShawn Stevenson say about each other next? The Wizards are rounding into form, while the Cavs have struggled since pulling off last February’s blockbuster deadline deadline.
First Round: Western Conference
(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (8) Denver Nuggets: L.A. in six.
The Lakers are too talented, while the Nuggets are too wild and undisciplined. Look for Bryant to match-up against Iverson.
(2) New Orleans Hornets vs. (7) Dallas Mavericks: New Orleans in seven.
Youth over experience. The Hornets’ size will beat Team Cuban in a tough, drawn-out series.
(3) San Antonio Spurs vs. (6) Phoenix Suns: Phoenix in seven.
The Rematch. Only this time Phoenix has Shaquille O’Neal, the Big Cactus. Look for the Suns to avenge last year’s heartbreaking loss.
(4) Utah Jazz vs. (5) Houston Rockets: Utah in seven.
Another heartbreaker for T-Mac. Not having Rafer Alston (Skip To My Lou is out for the first two games) and Yao Ming is too much for the Rockets.
Boston vs. Washington: Boston in six.
Orlando vs. Detroit: Detroit in six.
L.A. Lakers vs. Utah: L.A. Lakers in seven.
Phoenix vs. New Orleans: Phoenix in seven.
Boston vs. Detroit: Boston in seven.
L.A. Lakers vs. Phoenix: L.A. Lakers in seven.
Boston vs. L.A. Lakers: Boston in seven.