Chris’ Playoff Bracket with First Round Preview
First Round: Eastern Conference
(1) Boston Celtics vs. (8) Atlanta Hawks- Celtics in four
While Atlanta has taken what could be a huge step forward, they aren’t ready for the big time.
(2) Detroit Pistons vs. (7) Philadelphia 76ers- Pistons in five
While Philly has taken a huge step forward, they aren’t ready for the big time.
(3) Orlando Magic vs. (6) Toronto Raptors- Magic in seven
Orlando is just barely better on paper. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Toronto won.
(4) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (5) Washington Wizards- Cavs in six
I have that much faith in Lebron. And the refs’ allegiance to him.
First Round: Western Conference
(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (8) Denver Nuggets- Lakers in six
Kobe cannot be stopped, especially in Colorado. And some of these games will be about who can score.
(2) New Orleans Hornets vs. (7) Dallas Mavericks- NO in seven
I flipped a coin. Really.
(3) San Antonio Spurs vs. (6) Phoenix Suns- Phoenix in seven
Matchup problems combined with the health of the Spurs means they stand a good chance of getting sent home early. I never underestimate the SA though.
(4) Utah Jazz vs. (5) Houston Rockets- Jazz in seven
Do I really believe this pick or am I trying to avoid the jinx? Houston has homecourt and the Jazz are mediocre on the road, but Houston will start without Skip and Yao is already done. Hmmm…
BOS vs. CLE- Celtics in six
ORL vs. DET-Pistons in five
LAL vs. UTA-Lakers in six
PHX winner vs. NOH-Suns in seven
DET vs. BOS- Celtics in seven
PHX vs. LAL- Lakers in seven
BOs vs. LAL- too close to call