Alden’s Playoff Bracket with First Round Preview
Western Conference: first round
(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (8) Denver Nuggets – Lakers in six
Even if Andrew Bynum doesn’t play, the Lakers have the home court, the momentum and the chemistry. The Nuggets play no defense and will have no answer for Kobe Bryant.
(2) New Orleans Hornets vs. (7) Dallas Mavericks – Mavericks in six
Even though the record disparity is pretty big, the Mavericks are a playoff-tested team while the Hornets are testing the waters for the first time. They will be exposed by
(3) San Antonio Spurs vs. (6) Phoenix Suns – Suns in seven
Shaquille O’Neal was brought in to match up against this team, and the Suns’ best games since the Shaq trade have come against the Spurs.
(4) Utah Jazz vs. (5) Houston Rockets – Jazz in five
The Rockets’ 22-game win streak was on sheer adrenaline. They are simply not deep enough to win a series in the West.
Eastern Conference: first round
(1) Boston Celtics vs. (8) Atlanta Hawks – Celtics in five
The Hawks have enough offense to win a game in
The Sixers are the worst team in these playoffs, and they will get stomped in four straight games.
The Raptors are a formidable team, but they have no match for Dwight Howard, and that will cost them.
(4) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (5) Washington Wizards – Cavaliers in seven
Both teams are pretty evenly matched, but Gilbert Arenas still is not 100 percent, and LeBron James is playing mad – big mistake, DeShawn Stevenson.
Western Conference: second round
(1) Lakers vs. (4) Jazz – Lakers in six
(6) Suns vs. (7) Mavericks – Suns in seven
Eastern Conference: second round
(1) Celtics vs. (4) Cavaliers – Celtics in six
(2) Pistons vs. (3) Magic – Pistons in seven
Western Conference: finals
(1) Lakers vs. (6) Suns – Lakers in seven
Eastern Conference: finals
(1) Celtics vs. (2) Pistons – Celtics in six
(1) Celtics vs. (1) Lakers – Celtics in seven