Kobe Bryant Pledges Loyalty To L.A. Lakers, What About Lamar Odom, Phil Jackson, & Andrew Bynum’s Future?
. Finally, after months of speculation and debate, Kobe Bryant has confirmed that he’s committed to helping the Lakers win an NBA Title. So it’s settled. Now the purple-and-gold can turn their attention to several other problems …
He’s in. Finally, after months of speculation and debate, has confirmed that he’s committed to helping the Lakers win an NBA Title. So it’s settled. Now the purple-and-gold can turn their attention to several other problems.
- , the team’s second best player, is still struggling with injuries. Will he be ready for the start of the regular season?
- Phil Jackson, Bryant’s former nemesis turned ally, only has one year left on his contract. Zen-master is battling health issues. Will he sign another extension with the team?
- The team needs a reliable center. and Kwame Brown are constantly injured, while needs to tap some of his considerable potential. Who will step-up and grab the starting center spot?
- I’m not sold on Fisher as the starting point guard. Yes, he’s more than competent. But I like the classy veteran as a third guard off the bench.
- Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic have had some good moments. Will they take another step this season?
- What happens if things go bad? Fans, as well as Bryant, won’t accept losing. The Lakers could crumble if they get off to a slow start.
It’s not all bad. Bryant’s comments have bought the team time. The front office doesn’t have to pull the trigger on a trade to appease their superstar. So they now have a little leverage. But Mitch Kupchak, the team’s GM, better not get too comfy. After all, Bryant’s only two years away from opting out of his contract and things are always changing in Laker-land.
Agree or disagree with this take? Get at us in the comment box below with your thoughts.
Click here to read and subscribe to Oly Sandor’s NBA Blog.