New York Knicks Or New Jersey Nets: Who’d Win A Zach Randolph For Vince Carter Trade?
Rumors, rumors, and more rumors. The latest gossip swirling the NYC had Z-Bo and VC swapping uniforms. That’s right. New York’s two teams considered swapping headaches; reports had the Knicks sending Zach Randolph to the Nets for Vince Carter. New Jersey squashed the deal. But this rumor is interesting because both players possess talent but are regarded as underachievers …
The New York Post reports on the Knicks and Nets discussing a Zach Randolph-for- Vince Carter trade:
There was some speculation yesterday the Nets offered Vince Carter to the Knicks, who rejected it. According to a Western Conference source claiming knowledge of the talks, though, it was the Knicks who approached the Nets, about a month ago, offering Zach Randolph for Carter. The Nets declined.
My AM Take: Rumors, rumors, and more rumors. The latest gossip swirling the NYC had Z-Bo and VC swapping uniforms.
Hypothetically speaking, who’d win a Carter-Randolph deal? Below is your breakdown. As always, read the post, form an opinion, and hit us up in the comment box below.
Should Trade For Carter: New York
- Half-man, half-amazing would buy Isiah Thomas and his dysfunctional cronies time before they’re inevitably fired.
- This trade would help Eddie Curry return to last year’s form as The Guy down-low. Clearly, a Curry-Randolph, twin-towers experiment has failed.
- Fans are staying away from MSG. Carter would sell tickets and temporarily put life into basketball’s
Shouldn’t Trade For Carter: New York
- This trade wouldn’t win games. Carter is a flashy, big-ticket player, who works best in fantasy leagues and highlight reels.
- Owner James Dolan is realizing Thomas has to go. No more chances. No more time. Trading for Carter would give Zeke both and puts off rebuilding.
Should Trade For New Jersey : Randolph
would provide the Nets with a much-needed post threat. The new Big Three would be more balanced than the Carter, Richard Jefferson, and Jason Kidd trio. Randolph
- The Nets must change their apathetic culture. Right now, they’re 18-20 and heading nowhere.
, right move or not, would provide change. Randolph
Shouldn’t Trade For New Jersey Randolph:
- Two words: Hoop Family. By trading for
, the Nets would be housing his notorious, off-court entourage. Randolph
- Carter is marketable and flashy;
is methodical and efficient. Who’d sell tickets when the team rolls into Randolph Brooklyn?
Why: This trade, if facilitated, would be nothing more than a lateral move for the Knicks and Nets. New York’s teams have real issues and swapping each other’s migraines isn’t the answer.
Worst of all, a
Who would win a
The AM Take is Oly’s morning thoughts on the NBA, appearing Sunday through Friday on HoopsVibe.com. Errors can be attributed to the time and his need for another coffee. Click here to get his AM Take and subscribe to his blog.