Toronto’s Anthony Parker a classic glue-guy, details on Boston’s televised scrimmage, uncertainty hangs over Golden State, and retro Lakers stuff…
The Line-up for October 6th has today’s latest and best posts from the world wide web of bloggers, featuring: Detroit’s new-look starting line-up … your WNBA update … a preview of the NJ Nets … a Ben Gordon breakdown … thoughts on the NBA changing instant replay … Amare going with goggles or another form of protective eyewear … and much, much more … so click here for details …
The Line-up for October 6th has the best blog posts anywhere …
- You may have caught NBATV’s training camp preview. Jeff, of Celticsblog, breaks down the world champs’ televised practice. I also saw Boston’s pre-season run at Rhode Island. Keep an eye on Tony Allen this season.
- He tears up The Jim Rome show. He coaches. And he blogs. Eric Musselman has details on Baron Davis becoming the Clippers’ leader.
- Matt of Detroit Bad Boys has info on Amir Johnson starting at the five-spot for the pre-season. I like this move. Johnson provides energy, while ‘vet’ Antonio McDyess and Rodney Stuckey give the Pistons a pick-and-roll combo off the bench.
- He was ‘The Man’ in Europe. And now he is slept-on in Toronto. Scott with RaptorsBlog has a profile on the steady Anthony Parker. I love his game. Parker does most things well: defend, shoot, score, and lead. A must-have glue guy.
- The Score’s Branded has Questlove and Andre Iguodala filming the Nike Innovator series. After all, innovating is What They Do (a perfect segway to this classic).
- WarriorsWorld.com describes the uncertain mood at Golden State’s media day. The scribes, like the general public, have no clue on this team. Their best player, Monta Ellis, injured himself on a moped and lied about it. Management and ownership can’t agree on his punishment. And nobody knows how long is he out. Still, never count out a Don Nelson squad.
- Ball Don’t Lie’s Kelly Dwyer runs through the best Laker blogs. Of course, there is a retro pic of the purple-and-gold with a former President.
- I originally found this on Henry Abbott’s truehoop blog. Supersonic Soul has a great piece questioning why taxpayers subsidize stadiums. If stadiums are such great deals for you and me, why don’t more owners -like Clay Bennett and Aubrey McClendon- at least partner up with us and contribute.
- Still with Clay Bennett … collateral damage from Seattle moving to Oklahoma City. The Warriors had to fire their mascot Thunder because it/he/she clashed with OKC’s nickname. Bottom line, no more of this (Thunder does his thing at 1:04 and is followed by some entertainment).
- The Hoop Doctors talk J-Williams. Myself, I loved White Chocolate’s flash. Hopefully, fans also recognize his high assist-to-turnover ratio and work as the starting point guard on the 2006 World Champion Miami Heat, too.
- Lots of great stuff from the HoopsVibe family. So lets get it going:
- My man Chase has an excellent piece on the NBA expanding instant replay. Great stuff from the Southern Maine alum. Look out for his work.
- He is bold. He is brash. He speaks his mind. I love it. John Nguyen’s latest looks at the Ben Gordon saga. ‘JN’ also provides some interesting facts on Chicago owner Jerry Reinsdorf (took me back to Sam Smith’s Jordan Rules). Bookmark Flagrant Foul and check-in regularly. One more thing: his blog, his choice not to put up a picture.
- Who knew one simple WNBA update could cause such a stir? Well, our own Chris Sells caused it with this. For more of Sells’ superb work check out Overdribbling.
- Clearly, the newest edition to the HoopsVibe team isn’t some green rookie. One article, one smash for Joseph’s The Sixth Man blog. Hit up his in-depth look at the New Jersey Nets. I love a Brooks Lopez, Shawn Williams, and Yi front-court.
- Of course, CYE always holds things down. There’s Trash Talk, where Amare’s choice in eyewear is debated (my bad on leaving out the accent). He also has the 411 on sneakers, too. So get at all his work.
- If you like other sports, our extended family Crave has you covered. By the way, where is HV’s All-Access passes to the Hugh Hefner party? We wouldn’t pull a Pauley Shore. Really!