Best of the Web: why the Nets fired Frank, Pierce the early MVP?, and Iverson to Philly not Boston?
HoopsVibe’s Best of the Web is back with a look at the top articles on ‘The Net’ that you should be reading … For instance, several articles on the Nets reportedly handing coach Frank his pink-slip, Pierce punking the Raptors and leading the early MVP race, The Answer’s future, and much, much more … so click here …
HoopsVibe The Blog semi-regularly drops a best-of-the-web feature with all the articles you should be reading from from the ’three dubyas’ …
- Word is that coach Lawrence Frank has lost his job after the New Jersey Nets started the season 0-16. Mark Ginocchio – a star of Nets Are Scorching, which is part of ESPN’s TrueHoop Network – has your analysis on this developing story.
- More on the Nets firing Frank … ESPN’s Chris Sheridan looks at the weird history of sideline bosses getting whacked in New Jersey (and no this isn’t an episode of The Sopranos).
- Ball Don’t Lie believes Allen Iverson could soon join the Boston Celtics or Orlando Magic, while more recent reports have him returning to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- After three years, NBA players are at a crossroads: they either get their contract extended for a season by the team that drafted them or get cut loose at season’s end. HoopsHype’s Jorge Sierra has a look at those players who didn’t get extended this year and the impact on their careers.
- "The type of prick you’d love to have on your team". This is the headline on Raptors Republic, so click here to read the story on Paul Pierce and the Boston Celtics exposing the Toronto Raptors.
- Speaking of Pierce, CelticsBlog argues The Truth is the early MVP. Maybe. Perhaps, it’s my Canadian bias, but Steve Nash is setting the pace for this individual honor.
- Holly Mackenzie, a writer with The Score’s Court Surfing blog, celebrated American Thanksgiving by listing all things NBA related she was thankful for.
- Washington Wizards guard Nick Young had been out of coach Flip Saunder’s guard heavy rotation for most of November. Well, Truthaboutit.net has details on Young dusting himself off and playing himself back on court. Key word: dusting off.
- Years back, I watched and interviewed Chase Budinger when his Arizona Wildcats were playing a preseason tournament in my hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia. Back then, Budinger’s talent was obvious and NBA.com’s Sekou Smith has a feature on the Houston Rockets rookie fitting in with 2009’s top picks.
- Guess who’s back? Sorry, it’s not Rakim’s classic from 1993. Instead, it’s second-year post Robin Lopez and Bright Side of the Sun has a break down of his debut.
- Keeping it HoopsVibe, John Nguyen asks this question: Is Brandon Jennings the best point guard in the East? Want the answer? Well, click here and get at his blog Flagrant Foul.
- Of course, you watch other sports, so check out Craveonline for updates on every game, sport, and pastime.
- By the way, this edition of Best of the Web is Clear.