Best of the Web: Is Jose Calderon the NBA’s worst defensive PG?, Milwaukee’s Andrew Bogut vs. Boston’s Kendrick Perkins, and video of Mark Cuban’s WWE adventure
HoopsVibe’s Best of the Web is back with a look at the top articles on ‘The Net’ you should be reading … When should the greats retire? … A buck a beer in Sacramento … Pictures of the glass Robin Lopez shattered in Phoenix … Plus T-Mac, the Chicago Bulls, NBA gossip and more, so click here …
HoopsVibe The Blog semi-regularly drops a best-of-the-web feature with the best articles from ‘The Information Highway’ …
- I’ve cracked on Jose Calderon’s defense. You’ve cracked on Calderon’s defense. After ESPN’s John Hollinger named Calderon the game’s worst defensive point guard, the great Raptors Republic decided to open the topic to readers in their outstanding chat forums.
- When should an NBA player call it quits? It’s a great question, one Andrew Ungavi of Bleacher Report examines in his latest post. By the way, get at Bleacher Report for NBA news and other sports.
- Recently, CNNSI’s Extra Mustard showed HoopsVibe and yours truly a little love with some coverage on a ‘Listed’ feature. Get at Extra Mustard for the best mix of sports and pop culture.
- Think you know just one Canadian NBA blogger? Well, you thought wrong. In fact, J.E. Skeets – the editor of Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie and a fellow native of ‘The Great White North’ – has a terrific piece on the most Canadian of pastimes: beer! Apparently, the Sacramento Kings are offering one dollar beers for their next game against the Wizards.
- Do you want more old school match-ups? If so, get at the world famous CelticsBlog for details on a recent head-to-head between throwbacks Andrew Bogut and Kendrick Perkins.
- The Sporting News’ Baseline has pictures of the glass Phoenix’s Robin Lopez broke after losing a three-on-three game at a recent practice.
- Ever wanted to body slam Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban through a table? ESPN TrueHoop affiliate, The Two Man Game has video of your dream, courtesy of Cuban’s WWE adventure.
- WarriorsWorld has a feature interview with charasmatic Golden State broadcaster Jim Barnett.
- Keeping it HoopsVibe, Chris Sells examines the problems with fans voting in the starters for the NBA All-Star game. As Sells points out, if voting ended today, Tracy McGrady would start for the Western Conference, despite not playing a game all season.
- What is up with those Chicago Bulls? John Nguyen has your answer with an in-depth look at The Windy City’s struggles.
- And the mighty HoopsVibe has the latest scoops on all your NBA celebrity gossip.