What's Happening in Dirk Nowitzki's House?
So here's what we know about the recent reports surrounding Dirk's mystery lady and the goings-on at Chez Nowitzki:
1. A 37-year-old woman named as Cristal Taylor was arrested at Dirk Nowitzki's house. Dirk was in Denver at the time.
2. Taylor was held in the Dallas County Jail on $20,000 bond, which Nowitzki hasn't posted. Taylor is, at present, still in jail.
3. A 2006 indictment lists the following aliases for Taylor: Chrystal Ann Taylor, Crystal Ann Taylor, Debra Johnson, Shana Mancini, Krista Santiago, Crystal Ann Santiago, Cristal Westerhaus and Crista A. Westerhays.
4. Taylor is accused of failing to pay for dental services totalling $10,000 rendered in Beaumont, Texas.
5. In 1999, Taylor pled guilty to two counts of forgery and two counts of felony stealing.
Here are Dirk's comments on the situation:
"It's pretty obvious that I'm going through a tough time in my personal life right now, but like I always have, I want to kind of keep my private life private...I'm not at the stage where I can talk about it yet and feel comfortable talking about it. At this point, I just can't talk about it."
There are also numerous rumours, none of which have been categorically confirmed or denied. Here's what they're saying:
- Taylor is Nowitzki's girlfriend.
- Taylor is Nowitzki's fiancée.
- Taylor is pregnant with Nowitzki's child.
- The Mavericks cautioned Nowitzki about his relationship with Taylor prior to the arrest.
All in all, it sounds like a sordid situation, and just about the last thing Dirk needs to distract him as his Mavericks try to dig their way out of a 2-0 hole against a surging Denver squad. If the Mavericks did, in fact, warn him about Taylor, they can't be happy to hear of her arrest at Nowitzki's crib.
For those of you wondering what the lady looks like, check out the gallery below for four photos (three mug shots and one photo given to the police by an ex-boyfriend) of Cristal Taylor, Dirk Nowitzki's alleged girlfriend.