Rumor: Nash to New York?
1) Nash is already a legit’ New Yorker, spending his summers in a luxurious ‘SoHo’ pad. The move would have little impact on his wife and twin daughters.
2) Former Suns teammate Amar’e Stoudemire is a Knick, courtesy of a five-year, $100 million free agent contract. Mike D’Antoni, Nash’s friend and former confidante with the Suns, is the Knicks’ coach.
3) New York, unlike Phoenix, has resources. Exceeding the cap and paying the luxury tax isn’t an issue, especially if it enhances their chances at winning.
4) Nash loves challenges. Helping to resurrect the lowly Knicks would make him a hero in the media capital of the world.
5) New York would allow Nash to continue pursuing his next career in film and documentary production. His first effort Into The Wind was part of ESPN’s 30-for-30 series.
Of course, swapping The Desert for The Big Apple hinges on one thing: winning. If the Suns are competitive, Nash stays. If the Suns aren’t competitive, he leaves.
Before Phoenix’s season opener, Nash told the press he “would probably pick us to be outside of the playoffs considering all the changes and the new guys”.
So draw your own conclusions about Nash moving to New York.
Got thoughts? Well, get at HoopsVibe News in the comment box below.