- Dribble the ball low and fast in front of you while edging slowly towards your defender.
- As you draw within two feet or so, stop the ball dead on the floor in front of you.
- Bend down and kick it gently through your defender’s legs.
- Immediately following this, dive to the floor and slide through your defender’s legs after the ball.
- Regain control of the ball and continue as desired.
Located on 155th street and 8th avenue in New York City is the legendary playground of Rucker Park. What's special about this court is the level of the game played. Rucker is a pure place of street basketball expression where you will see the wildest, latest, and most impressives moves ever. The park got it's name from a man who had a vision to use streetball as his tool to give the city's youth the opportunity to express themselves. His name, Holcombe Rucker, the man who changed the game forever. The park was opened on February 23rd 1956 which was first named as P.S. 156 Playground. It wasn't until 1974, 9 years after Mr.Rucker past away, a local law re-named it Holcombe Rucker.Read More
You will find here 6 major tips to improve your shoot.
1. Get open.
Create a lead before you receive the ball. Take advantage of your teammates to find an open shot position. Set up the shot you want. "Hoped Shots" rarely end up in the basket.
2. Shot selection.
Know your ability and your shooting percentage. Concentrate a lot while shooting practice. This is important to have a higher percentage during practice. Some good practice shooters may become only average game shooters, but there are no poor practice shooters who are excellent game shooters.
Know where your teammates are before shooting. Make sure no teammate is open for a better shot. Know when to shoot. Passing up a good shot is just as important as taking a bad shot. Be aware of defensive players' and offensive rebounders' positions.
- Dribble the ball between your legs to your right hand.
- Start to spin clockwise and, as you do, lower your backside to the ground, letting yourself down with your left arm.
- By the time you are turned completely from your defender, you should have your butt and the lower part of your back touching the floor.
- Using your momentum, roll over on the floor (with the ball still in your right) and onto your feet, helping yourself back up with your left arm if required.
An American-invented game hinged to science, skill and speed, basketball is played by two teams with five or (in rare circumstances) fewer players on each side. The ball is round and can be batted, bounced, rolled or thrown within the jurisdiction of the playing rules. The object of the game is tossing the ball through one of the two 10-foot-high baskets at opposite ends of the floor. If Team A shoots successfully into its own basket, it' s two or three points for Team A. It is also two points for Team 6 if Team A mistakenly shoots successfully into Team B' s basket.Read More
Chris Childs knows how hard this crossover can be to guard having had his ankles broken with it on more than occasion thanks to Tim Hardaway. Despite being the simplest of the set in terms of total movements, the fake has to be sold properly if it's to be of any use.Read More