Wednesday , Dec , 15 , 2004 C.Y. Ellis

Oh Webber! Three-pointer at the buzzer lifts Kings over Bucks

=== Oh Webber! Three-pointer at the buzzer lifts Kings over Bucks ===

Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) – Chris Webber drained a three-pointer from the
top of the key as time expired in regulation, lifting the Sacramento Kings to
a dramatic 89-86 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks at the Bradley Center.

Webber ended with 23 points on 11-of-24 shooting from the floor, while Mike
Bibby poured in a game-high 27 points, falling one assist shy of a triple
double. Bibby also grabbed 10 boards for the Kings, who finished 2-1
on their brief three-game road trip.

“I thought he was terrific tonight,” Kings coach Rick Adelman said of Bibby.
“He played so well offensively and was active defensively. I just thought Mike
had a great game tonight.”

Peja Stojakovic chipped in 19 points in the win, including 5-of-12 from
beyond the arc. Sacramento has won seven of its last eight and 14 of its last
16 games overall.

Desmond Mason paced the Bucks with 23 points. Michael Redd added 20 points and
Mike James contributed 15 for Milwaukee, which has dropped two straight and 12
of its last 15.

“It’s getting to be pretty much the same story line and the same ending,”
Milwaukee head coach Terry Porter said. “We had a 10-point lead and it
evaporated into thin air. We talk about executing better but it’s just not
happening when it counts most.”

Trailing 77-67 with under eight minutes left in the game, Sacramento fought
back to take a short-lived lead thanks to a 12-0 run, capped by Bibby’s layup,
making it 79-77 with 3:22 left in the game.

Redd, though, drained a jumper at the other end to stop the flurry as both
team pulled even.

The next several minutes the game was tightly played until Stojakovic’s
uncontested layup gave the Kings a 86-85 lead with nine seconds remaining.

Webber would foul James at the other end before playing the hero. James sank
1-of-2 from the line to make it 86-86. Webber, though, had the last laugh,
taking the inbound pass from Bibby at midcourt, dribbling to his right and
rising up for the game-winner as the horn sounded.

“I wasn’t prepared to shoot it,” Webber said. “I actually had Brad (Miller)
open but I didn’t see that until I went up to shoot it. And I was actually
looking for Michael (Bibby) in the backcourt.”

The Kings owned a 22-17 lead after 12 minutes of action, but the Bucks started
the second quarter on a 14-7 burst to take the lead back.

Mason’s layup ended the spurt as Milwaukee held a 31-29 edge with around six
minutes left in the first half. The Bucks then carried a 44-43 advantage as
both teams headed into the locker room.

Mason led the Bucks with 16 points, while Bibby paced all players with 17
points for the Kings at the break.

An 8-2 run by Milwaukee to close out the third increased its lead to seven as
the Bucks led 72-65 after 36 minutes of action.